JEE Mains: Since there is no availability of the printed form for the application of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) students are needed to apply online only, once their application is submitted on the website. They will have to upload the photographs along with signature and thumb impression.
Genuine application form for JEE 2016 application available online at JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in. Here are the instructions and fees structure to submit the online application for the apex engineering course in India. JEE Mains is conducted to evaluate the true and actual candidates for the IIT Universities throughout the country.
Eligibility for JEE Mains Examinations
Eligibility: All the 12th pass students under the various state boards along with the students of CBSE boards, and the students appearing for the exams of 12th class are eligible for JEE Mains examination. Eligibility is defined in the 2.9 section of the information bullet, according to which
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1991 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who are born on or after October 01, 1986 are eligible.
- So if you fall in the reserved category and born after the year 1986, Mahatama Gandhi’s birthday anniversary. Then you are eligible for JEE Exams otherwise you should have to be born only and after the year 1991. Roughly candidates of 25 years or less age can participate for examinations
- Those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2016.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2013 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2016. Candidates who appeared in class 12th/equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2013, did not pass in 2013, but passed in 2014 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2016.
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main) – 2016. All the CBSE Science Stream students are eligible for the examinations.
Note: Diploma recognized by AICTE and HSC Vocational are qualified examinations’ type
Fees Structure for JEE Mains Exams
Fees for the JEE Mains starts from 250 rupees for the reserved category boys and girls, for the computer based examinations of of B. E./B. Tech. However for the other examinations, Computer based examinations are not available and the normal Pen and Paper Based Examinations provisions shall apply which differs from 500 rs to 3800 rs for the students from abroad. The complete fees structure is as followed (Given in the image below). Click to enlarge
Note: Additional charge which varies from 0.75% TO 1.5% Shall also be applicable for the payments made online. Charges are as follows
- Credit Card:- 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card:- 0.75% +taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% +taxes for examination
fee more than Rs.2000.
Online Application Form for JEE Mains Examinations
The geniune online JEE Mains examination form is available on the official website which is www.jeemain.nic.in. Here are the steps to fill application form
- Sign up as a new user (If not registered already)
- You must have a valid email id and mobile number with DND NOT ACTIVATED
- Register as a new student for exams
- Upload Thumb Impressions and Signature along with a passport size photograph.
- Pay with Debit or Credit Card
It was a quick guide which will definitely help the students while applying for JEE Mains Examinations. If you have any question, you can ask them in the comments section.