MCD Election Results 2016: The result of Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) bypolls has been declared today. It was bad for Congress as it got only four out of 13 seats. Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) made its debut in the civic bypolls and secured five seats. (check: Game of Thrones Season 6 episode 5.)
However, AAP failed to replicate its success of assembly elections. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) bagged only three seats. MCD was divided into three parts in 2012. BJP has ruled for the past ten years. One independent candidate also won a seat.
MCD Election Results 2016
The political pundits feel that it will have a large impact on the next municipal elections which are scheduled to take place in 2017. The polling took place on May 15. The need for the by-elections emerged because 13 councilors got elected to Delhi Assembly in 2013 and 2015. (watch: Gotham Season 2 Episode 22.)
Below is the detailed report of the bypolls result of all 13 MCD wards. Check out who won from where.
- – Ballimaran ward: AAP wins
- – Quamruddin Nagar ward: Congress candidates Ashok Bhardwaj wins
- – Khichripur ward: Congress candidate Anand Kumar wins
- – Nanakpura ward: AAP candidate Anil Malik wins
- – Vikas Nagar ward: AAP candidate wins
- – Matiala ward: AAP candidate wins
- – Munirka ward: Congress wins seat
- – Tehkhand ward: AAP’s Abhishek Bidhuri wins
- – Bhati ward: Independent candidate wins
- – Wazirpur ward: BJP’s Mahendra Nagpal wins
- – Jhilmil ward: – Congress candidate Pankaj wins
- – Shalimar Bagh North ward: BJP’s Bhupinder Mohan Bhandari wins
- – Nawada ward: BJP’s Krishan Gehlot wins
There is a total of 6,68,870 eligible voters in the 13 wards. Out of those, only 45.9 percent voters came out to vote in the high stake polls falling under three corporations – SDMC (7), NDMC (4) and EDMC (2).MCD Election Results 2016: MCD Bypolls Result
There elections are considered as a litmus test for the AAP’s government popularity in Delhi.
Stay tuned for more news.