Happy independence day all Pakistanis. Pakistan is a country of vivid culture. The nation going to celebrate their 69th Independence Day today was founded by Mohammad Ali Jinnah. Many a times, hollywood films were seen showing Pakistan in bad light. But here are 7 facts which will make you proud of being a Pakistani. You might hadn’t heard about many of them ever.
- Pakistan is the first Islamic country to attain nuclear power.
Among all the other Islamic countries, western powers resists to give nuclear energy to any of the any middle east country. Being away from middle east, Pakistan proved its conscience and attained nuclear energy as first Islamic country.
2. Lt. Edhi is running the World’s largest Ambulance network.
The ambulance network founded by Edhi is largest charitable network of its kind. When Pakistan govt failed to provide amenities to their citizens, Edhi took the initiative and launched service. As many people connects, it grows vast. The ambulances ran by Edhi foundation can go to taliban controlled areas where Military can’t even think of.
3. Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, hailed as the most important Qawwali singer of the 20th century and received many awards around the globe such as The “Legends” award at the UK Asian Music Awards (2005).
4. More than 50% of the Worlds Footballs are made in Pakistan
According to reports, more than 50% of total World’s football are manufactured in Pakistan. Skill workers even claim that many famous sportsmen had used their footballs in important matches.
5. Second Largest Salt Mine in the World – Khewra Salt Mines
Khewra Salt Mines is not less than a piece of art. There is a small mosque in the centre of mine which increases its beauty to large extent.
6. Largest Deep-sea Port in the world is in Pakistan
Gwadar Port in Pakistan is a warm-water, deep-sea port situated on the Arabian Sea at Gwadar in Balochistan province of Pakistan.
7. Pakistan has been listed among Next Eleven (N-11), the eleven countries that along with the BRICS have a high potential of becoming the world’s largest economies in the 21st century.