Tamil Nadu (TN) Assembly Election Results 2016: The latest and current trends are proving the exit polls result wrong. The trends are exactly opposite. The party in power, AIADMK in Tamilnadu is leading in the counting of votes in the 234 member assembly. (read: Brahmotsavam review.)
On Thursday, the early vote counting suggests that AIADMK led alliance is ahead of all in a total of 132 constituencies. The party members of AIADMK are in celebration mood, and some have even started celebrating at the party headquarters. (check: Kerala Elections 2016 Result.)
Tamil Nadu (TN) Assembly Election Results 2016
- Latest trends: (232/234) DMK+ 101, AIADMK+ 128, BJP+ 1, Others 2
- Trends: AIADMK 126, DMK 102, BJP 2, Others 2
- Huge celebrations seem to have started as the trends suggest AIADMK victory. Members started celebrating at Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa’s residence.
- AIADMK proved Tamil Nadu exit polls wrong as it looks like it will retain power. With DMK Congress alliance leading in 69 zones, the party is leading in 132 constituencies.
- It would be the first time in Tamil Nadu when a CM will be re-elected.
- As of now in Tamil Nadu: (203/234) DMK+ 81, AIADMK+ 120, BJP+ 1, Others 1
- Jayalalithaa’s supporters start celebrating as the party reaches majority mark in 120 seats.
- Tamil Nadu: Trends- (198/234) DMK leading in 81 seats, while AIADMK ahead on 115. BJP and Others lead on one seat each.
A large proportion of the opinion and exit polls predicted DMK as the winner in the elections 2016.
Stay tuned for latest Tamil Nadu election results 2016 updates and much more.