Turkey Coup Army Attack: is in bad times as Military opened tanks and fighter jets on the roads. We are updating every single development live from Istanbul citizens using Twitter feeds.Reports that social media is blocked in Turkey. Use email/phone call/SMS to contact loved ones in the area.
Turkey Coup Army Attack
- Erdogan: The chain of command has been violated. This is a step against the higher ranks by their superiors.
- British, Lufthansa flights are diverting or returning to origin due to attempted coup
- We will not allow anyone or any group to change democratic constitutional order in #Turkey: Ömer Çelik
- Coup is not mere a small group, a citizen warns on social networking site
- Erdogan vows ‘coup’ plotters will not succeed, he adds that he is returning to Ankara.
- Turkey’s Erdogan denounces ‘attempt’ by minority inside army, urges people to take to the streets
- Heavy gunfire heard around presidential palace
- Military statement read on state TV: Armed forces have seized power, citing rising autocratic rule, increased terrorism
- Turkish state broadcaster TRT says curfew declared across Turkey, airports closed.
- President Obama has been briefed on the unfolding situation in #Turkey and will continue to receive regular updates, White House says.
- People just want to leave the country before any mishap.
- Reports of lines forming to withdraw money from ATMs.
- State Dept. advises U.S. citizens in Turkey to shelter in place and stay indoors.
- Army sources claimed that political leaders of putting country security at risk by supporting groups in Syria which later turned against Turkey
- BREAKING: Erdogan has reportedly left Turkey and has moved to a secure facility. He was on vacation at the time of the coup.
- Turkish military released a statement, saying armed forces have ‘fully seized control’ of the country.
- Various Eyewitnesses have reported attack helicopters firing machine guns in the capital Ankara in a bid to depose the Islamic government; the attacks have been observed in many buildings
- Turkey’s Prime Minister Binali Yildirim, pictured, described tonight’s coup as illegal
- The military said they had taken control to protect human rights. However, prime minister Binali Yildirim said only a ‘faction’ was involved.
- Gunfire has been reported in streets of Istanbul
- Erdogan has been arrested. Chief of Staff arrested. Head of intelligence missing (reports)
- Helicopter firing on Ankara military HQ
- Army heading towards to Taxim Square in Istanbul
- State media reportedly shut down -Airport under Armed Forces control -Group claims it has “full control” of government
- Attempt to control media? Turkish Soldiers are now in the building of Turkish State TV.
- An explosion at police training center in Ankara. People are arrested by the military. Military coup in Turkey
Bağdat Caddesi pic.twitter.com/bDxW4GntLU
— Selin Tüner (@SelinTunerr) July 15, 2016