Constitution Day Activities: On September 17, every year, the Consitution for the United States of America was formed. It came into existence in the year 1787.
It has been remarked as a federal holiday across the nation to observe the celebrations for another anniversary of the signing of the US constitution. It is also a day of celebrations for those got US citizenship.
On this national day, there is a list of many activities that can be performed by the school going kids. They can utilize this day to learn more about their history. The list of activities is as follows:
Constitution Day Activities
- The school going children can learn about the 39 delegates who signed on the United States Constitution.
- Get to know regarding the challenges faced by delegates while drafting the document which focuses on the future.
- Learn the effects of the constitution on the Navy and its benefits.
- Kids can be a part of the mock trials in order to learn how the present day jury system came into existence with the help of the constitution.
- Play the available games for kids which will teach them the facts and trivia regarding the US constitution.
- Activities for Grades K–2
Using hands-on activities for Constitution Day, students learn about the Founding Fathers’ impact on America’s beginnings and discover the basics of what the Constitution contains.Advertisement
- Activities for Grades 3–5
To celebrate Constitution Day, students learn about one of our founding documents through online readings discussing the fundamentals of the Constitution and by playing online games to discover more about the branches of government established by the Constitution as well as the Preamble.
- Activities for Grades 6–8
Through readings, videos and online games, students learn more about the founding principles of the Constitution and determine which constitutionally protected rights are illustrated in everyday situations.
- Activities for Grades 9–10
Using videos from the National Archives students can learn more about the ratification and amendment processes of the Constitution. They also can play online games to determine what situations would violate constitutional rights.
- Activities for Grades 11–12
Students use a primary source to analyze the development of the Preamble to the Constitution. Online games and videos give students the chance to learn more about the founding principles of the Constitution and the rights contained in it.
If you have some more and better suggestions for this day which a child can do, then please feel free to share with us.
Stay connected to TheReporterTimes for latest updates.