Happy Labor Day Quotes: Here is a collection of inspirational sayings, wise quotation, and humorous/funny old labour day quotes and proverbs. LaborDay is celebrated every year on first Monday of September in the USA. It is observed to honor the American Labor Movement.
This long holiday is known as Labor Day Weekend. It’s a good way to end the Summer holidays with backyard barbecues, extended sandy beach walks and some time in the sun. If you are looking forward to appreciating the real reason for observing the holiday, here we have some labor centric images with quotes.
Happy Labor Day Quotes and Sayings
- A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them.
- “Work is no disgrace; the disgrace is idleness.” – Greek Proverb
- Labour Day is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race or nation. – Samuel Gompers
- While we are fighting for freedom, we must see, among other things, that labor is free.
- If all the cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be Labour Day Weekend.
These quotations will show you and everyone the importance and power of hard work. Let us acknowledge and appreciate the efforts of laborers.
- Rules like ‘don’t wear white after Labour Day’ or ‘shoes matching the handbag’ are antiquated. Modern women should feel free to experiment.
- A bad day at work is better than a good day in hell.
- – Scott Johnson
- The end of labor is to gain leisure. ~Aristotle
- It is labour indeed that puts the difference on everything. ~John Locke, An Essay Concerning Human Understanding, 1690
- Man is so made that he can only find relaxation from one kind of labor by taking up another
- God give me work, till my life shall end
And life, till my work is done.
- If all the cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be Labour Day Weekend. ~Doug Larson
- Labor is the superior of capital and deserves much the higher consideration
- Labor rids us of three great evils; tediousness, vice, and poverty.
- The supreme accomplishment is to blur the lines between work and play.” –Arnold J. Toynbee
- The one thing that matters is the effort. – Antoine de-Sainte-Exupery
Related: Happy Onam Wishes.
Happy Labor Day Images 2018
- The only liberty an inferior man really cherishes is the liberty to quit work, stretch out in the sun, and scratch himself.
- We must learn to live together as brothers or we are going to perish together as fools.
- A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity. ~Thomas Jefferson
- While we are fighting for freedom, we must see, among other things, that labor is free
- Labour Day is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race or nation.
– Samuel Gompers
- God sells us all things at the price of labor.
– Leonardo da Vinci
- man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor.” » Victor Hugo
- There is precious little hope to be got out of whatever keeps us industrious, but there is a chance for us whenever we cease work and become star-gazer.” » H.M. Tomlinson
- To find joy in work is to find the fountain of youth.” –Pearl S. Buck
- The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Work is no disgrace; the disgrace is idleness. – Greek proverb
Related: Onam Images.
These happy labor day quotes create a stir that awakens the heart of the nation.
Stay tuned to TheReporterTimes for more.