Republic Day (commonly known as गणतंत्र दिवस in Hindi) is all here. The day is celebrated in India on 26th of January every year, on this day, India got its own constitution for the first time and became a self-dependant country after 200 years. Republic Day is very important for every Indian as it throwbacks our memory to the time when Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad and many other revolutionary lose their lives for freedom. Also See: Republic Day Images
Here is the small list of modern-day post-independence heroes which should be remembered on Republic day. From making the constitution strong to making India proud on various international levels, these heroes give true immense of India’s meaning and should be remembered.
- Viswanathan Anand – Indian chess Grandmaster and a five-time World Chess Champion
- Kishore Kumar – True image of India when it comes to Hindi music. Winner of 7 Filmfare awards and record recognition for his contribution in Hindi music.
- Sachin Tendulkar – Lord of Cricket, need no introduction. He always protect India’s integrity when it comes to nationalism, his love for tricolor have sky highs
- Lt. President APJ Abdul Kalam – He was one of the best people India had till now. A responsible scientist who has made every effort to protect his country despite international pressure
- Dhyan Chand – A true personality which should be remembered on Republic day. This man has changed the national sport to hockey. Some people claim that his hockey stick was checked again and again to verify it has no magnet.
- Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata – Founder of Tata Group. He made it possible for the country’s one of the biggest company to reach international limits and cross borders of difference. Tata is currently the owner of Jaguar Cars and many other successful businesses contributing huge foreign exchange to the country every year.
- Mother Teresa – Her kind and giving nature has made everyone salute her. Her organization Missionaries of Charity made many lives easy (She was not from India, but her love towards the country people should not be objected) Last but not the least,
- Sardar Patel will be always remembered in history for his contribution to the country. India was a torn cloth after 200 years of British rule, Patel was the one who threaded them into one
Hope you really like our list of personalities to be remembered on Republic day 2019. There could be different list in your mind but here we have tried to cover people from every different stream. Do comment the name of your leader or inspiration who should be remembered.