Thanksgiving Day Parade 2018 Live Streaming & Performers: The famous Thanksgiving Parade is going to be live streamed on YouTube in its attractive 360-degree view mode. It will start at 9 am ET on November 22 this year. Watching in-person is the best experience to enjoy it. It is one of the biggest events that the city has to offer.
However, if you don’t mind streets full of crowd, icy wind, and a whole lot of waiting around, you should watch it going to the venue. If you want to avoid such stuff, you should stay in your comfort zone and watch it online for free. For this year, Macy has partnered with NBCUniversal and Verizon.
Thanksgiving Day Parade 2018 Live Streaming & Performers
In association, they will use 360-degree cameras on the route of the parade to provide viewers a 360-degree live stream. The audience will be able to watch the parade on Thanksgiving day 2018 at any angle without leaving their houses. Check: Happy Thanksgiving Quotes.
YouTube will host the live stream and viewers can catch the live updates using any compatible web browser or mobile phones. Verizon has made arrangements and placed cameras in five locations along the parade’s path. Viewers can follow their favorite balloon or float as they come down. Share: Happy Thanksgiving Images.
Along with the actual event, Macy will also provide the 360-degrees videos of the behind-the-scenes studio tours. The viewers can get an idea how they had set up the floats, balloons, and put the whole show together. It’s not as cool as seeing the balloons being blown up in real life, but it beats waiting in the cold.
Route and Viewing Spots
There are 2.5 miles of public viewing. Get your spot along the NYC route!
West 77th Street & Central Park West at 9AM ET.
No (or limited) public viewing here.
- CENTRAL PARK WESTEarly risers camp out starting at 6AM on the west side of Central Park West from West 75th to West 59th Streets.
Great views can be found along this stretch!
- COLUMBUS CIRCLEThe Parade turns here onto Central Park South.
No public viewing.
- CENTRAL PARK SOUTH & 6TH AVEThe Parade heads south onto 6th Avenue.
- 6TH AVENUEGreat views from West 59th to West 38th Streets!
- RESTRICTED VIEWINGAvoid watching on 6th Avenue between West 34th and West 38th Streets & on West 34th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues. The national television broadcast limits viewing here.
- MACY’S HERALD SQUAREThe Parade makes its final turn & stops in front of Macy’s Herald Square!
No public viewing here.
Grandstand tickets are not for sale to the general public.
No public viewing or press access in the telecast area on 6th Avenue from West 34th to West 38th Streets, and on West 34th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue. Limited public viewing on the south side of West 34th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue.
This is the info regarding thanksgiving day parade 2018 live streaming.