National Youth HIV AIDS Awareness Day 2019 Quotes, Sayings, Images, Messages: As per the statistics of 2014, over 20 percent of HIV-diagnosed people in the USA were of age group 13-24. But the data is limited as only one in five sexually active US high school students was tested for it. Overall, around 156k youth didn’t know about their HIV infection. It is a shocker.
Thus, keeping the drastic effects of the disease in mind and to raise awareness regarding it, National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day was made on Sunday. It is an annual observance like other important days. This one tells us to invest in the health of young people, to make them aware and health consciousness by providing them required education.
National Youth HIV, AIDS Awareness Day 2019 Quotes
It can be proved as a stepping and critical step to achieving an AIDS-free future as stated by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Schools should take an extra step to teach the young people regarding its causes, effects, prevention, i.e., in short, they should give them proper education without any restriction to entirely avoid the disease. HIV counseling and testing services should be provided by the government. Being LGBTQ youth at high risk, the CDC has recommended that everyone of age 13 t0 64 should get tested for HIV once a year.
National Youth HIV AIDS Awareness Day 2019 Quotes, Sayings, Images, Messages
Below are some of the most shared quotes taken from the social media to honor the young people with HIV/AIDS and activists working to raise awareness about the infection:
1. AIDS can destroy a family if you let it, but luckily for my sister and me, Mom taught us to keep going. Don’t give up, be proud of who you are, and never feel sorry for yourself.
2. The fight against HIV/AIDS requires leadership from all parts of government — and it needs to go right to the top. AIDS is far more than a health crisis. It is a threat to development itself.
3. “I’m a real person, and I’m angry. I’m trying to use this celebrity thing to get people some help. AIDS, poverty, racism — I want to be one of the hands that helps stop all that. I’ll put it on my shoulders. I’ll charge it to my account.” –Jamie Foxx
4. “Stigma hurts. Because of AIDS, children are bullied, isolated and shut out of school. They are missing out on education. They are missing out on medicines. Children are missing your love, care, and protection,” — Jackie Chan
5. “It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance.” –Elizabeth Taylor
6. “The heart of the security agenda is protecting lives — and we now know that the number of people who will die of AIDS in the first decade of the 21st century will rival the number that died in all the wars in all the decades of the 20th century,” — Al Gore
7. “I lost relatives to AIDS, a couple of my closest cousins. I lost friends to AIDS, high-school friends who never even made it to their 21st birthdays in the ’80s. When it’s that close to you, you can’t really deny it, and you can’t run from it.” –Queen Latifa
8. “I’m not cured, but the HIV is asleep deep in my body,” — Magic Johnson
9. “We live in a completely interdependent world, which simply means we cannot escape each other. How we respond to AIDS depends, in part, on whether we understand this interdependence. It is not someone else’s problem. This is everybody’s problem.” –Bill Clinton
10. “I’m a firm believer that education is the most efficient tool we have to make people aware and make our children aware and to protect them from the scourge of the century, which is AIDS,” — Shakira.
11. HIV doesn’t make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give a hug. Heaven knows they need it. – Princess Diana
12. It’s not the years that count in life. It’s the life that counts in years. – Lincoln
Stay tuned for the latest news and updates.