Nelson Mandela Day 2019 Quotes Sayings: 18th July is celebrated as the MandelaDay to celebrate the birthday of one of the world’s greatest leader. The former president of South Africa helped to end the apartheid. The Centenary is an occasion to reflect on his life and legacy, and to follow his call to “make of the world a better place.”
The United Nations recognized his birthday to be celebrated as Mandela Day every year so that his legacy can be preserved. On this particular day, people are asked and encouraged to follow his favorite tenets. They are as follows – free yourself, free others, and server every day. The day was officially declared by the United Nations in November 2009, with the first UN Mandela Day held on 18 July 2010.
Nelson Mandela Day 2019 Quotes Sayings
The real question to ask ourselves on the occasion of this special event is that what we really are doing to make this world a better place to live? And what we are doing every day to achieve this state.
Mandel passed away in 2013. He was persuasive while speaking regarding the justice. To really mark this day, spread his messages and make an effort to create a difference and move towards a better place.
- “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.”
- It is easy to break down and destroy. The heroes are those who make peace and build.
- “Difficulties break some men but make others.”
- “Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front.”
- “I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity.”
- “If I had my time over I would do the same again. So would any man who dares call himself a man.”
- “Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward.”
- “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
- “A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.”
- “It is said that no one truly knows a nation until one has been inside its jails. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones.”
- “I have never regarded any man as my superior, either in my life outside or inside the prison.”
- “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
- “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.”
- “Man’s goodness is a flame that can be hidden but never extinguished.”
Stay tuned to The Reporter Times for latest news and updates across the globe.
Don’t forget to share it on social media sites to let others also know about it.
How are you actually going to celebrate it? Feel free to share and add your quotations, messages, images to share with us.