Women’s Equality Day 2016 Quotes Sayings: It was nearly over 90 years when women got the right to vote (talking about the Untied States). The significant decision in favor of women and society was taken in the year 1920 on August 26. (check: National Dog Day Quotes.)
Since then, the day is celebrated as National Women’s Equality Day. Its anniversary is observed every year. So, for the grand occasion, our team has collected some of the best quotes and sayings which can be shared on social media as an inspiration from inspiring women.
Women’s Equality Day 2016
Being feminist and inspiring feminism is good and not a bad word. But, everyone should do things in limit and overdo or overuse anything to do hypocritic things. Below is the collection of inspiring quotes to tell the strength of a woman. Being a female is not an easy task, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t fight for equality.
The word feminist has got a pretty bad reputation in 2016 as many have overexploited it in one or other way. Do check the official meaning of “feminist” at Dictionary.com.
So, on this special day dedicated to equality for women, do help others and spread the feminist love all over around yourself. You can even post it on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and other social services’ accounts. It will let know the world that you, too, support women’s rights. Spreading the knowledge is the best part.
Women’s Equality Day Quotes and Sayings
1.“We’ve begun to raise daughters more like sons … but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.” ― Gloria Steinem
2. “We must raise both the ceiling and the floor.” ― Sheryl Sandberg
3. “As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.” — Virginia Woolf
4. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” — Melinda GatesWomen’s Equality Day 2016 Quotes Sayings
5. “How can we affect change in the world when only half of it is invited or feel welcome to participate in the conversation?” ― Emma Watson
6. “Do not put such unlimited power into the hands of the husbands. Remember all men would be tyrants if they could. If particular care and attention are not paid to the ladies, we are determined to foment a rebellion, and will not hold ourselves bound by any laws in which we have no voice or representation.” ― Abigail Adams
7. “It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union… men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less.” ― Susan B. Anthony
8. “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” ― Maya Angelou
9. “The only way for a woman, as for a man, to find herself, to know herself as a person, is by creative work of her own. There is no other way.” ― Betty Friedan
10. “Society as a whole benefit immeasurably from a climate in which all persons, regardless of race or gender, may have the opportunity to learn respect, responsibility, advancement and remuneration based on ability.” – Sandra Day O’ConnorWomen’s Equality Day 2016 Quotes Sayings
11. “You don’t have to be anti-man to be pro-woman.” ― Jane Galvin Lewis
12. “I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns.” ― Elizabeth Cady Stanton
13. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand