F1 Chinese GP 2017 Results & Winner: Lewis Hamilton has won this year’s Formula 1 Grand Prix held in China on April 9, 2017. He edged over Sebastian Vettel and defeated him in the race. Thus, it made Hamilton and Vettel tied at #1 in the 2017 Formula 1 world championship. It was like a topsy-turvy race against Vettel.
The Ferrari was a long way ahead in the early part of the race, but Vettel’s decision for an early Virtual Safety Car cost him the position which he couldn’t gain later on. Max Verstappen finished third after a feisty drive. He gained 10 spots in the first lap itself. He started at number 16 on the grid. He surpassed Daniel Ricciardo at the last moment to get the last position on the podium for the Chinese Grand Prix.
F1 Chinese GP 2017 Results & Winner
Ricciardo started on a very good note and remained second to Hamilton in the early stages, but Verstappen overhauled him in the middle stint. After it, he again chased and made it very close as the laps were finishing. The Australian racer got into the top three on the last lap, but a locked brake made him slipped to the fourth position.
Verstappen was followed by Kimi Raikkonen and Valtteri Bottas.
Check: 2017 Grand National Results.
F1 Chinese GP 2017 Results & Winner (56 laps)
- (44) Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- (5) Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
- (33) Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- (3) Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull)
- (7) Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
- (77) Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
- (55) Carlos Sainz (Toro Rosso)
- (20) Kevin Magnussen (Haas)
- (11) Sergio Perez (Force India)
- (31) Esteban Ocon (Force India)
- (8) Romain Grosjean (Haas)
- (27) Nico Hulkenberg (Renault)
- (30) Jolyon Palmer (Renault)
- (19) Felipe Massa (Williams)
- (9) Marcus Ericsson (Sauber)
DNF (14) Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
DNF (26) Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso)
DNF (2) Stoffel Vandoorne (McLaren)
DNF (36) Antonio Giovinazzi (Sauber)
DNF (18) Lance Stroll (Williams)