Facebook have introduced the much-awaited feature to block all annoying facebook calls from unwanted people. The feature to turn off Video calls was in high demand since the introduction of voice and video calling feature on facebook a few months ago.
The feature receives the most negative feedback when the messenger application keeps on ringing while someone calls up you on the social networking site.
Facebook Voice/ Video Calling
Calling through facebook is really a cheap deal as in comparison to the local carrier. Only data charges are applied when someone calls through facebook and a five-minute talk only results in 1MB data usage. The calling on facebook is free whether it’s a video calling or a voice call. The calling has proved itself to be an alternative of Skype and significant number of users have started calling through facebook
Turn off Video and Voice calls on Facebook
Turning off the Video calls and the voice calls on fb is really an easy task now. Earlier you were needed to turn off the chat completely to disable such calling facility, but now you can specifically choose for not getting any calls which would help in decreasing the number of the unwanted ringing of your phone when someone tries to annoy you.
How to turn off Video calls on messenger: Currently messenger doesn’t support this feature, you will need to browse the desktop version in order to do that. However in messenger you can disable the notifications as follows. [Also Read: Facebook Black Verification Tick]
- Click on Gear Box
- Go to Notification and Sounds
- Untick, Vibrate and Sound
- Turn off the notifications
Note: This will turn off all notifications including the messages also.
How to turn off Video calls on Facebook Web Version
To turn off, the video calls follow the following steps
- Walk through the right bottom of the web version where you can see the small gearbox in the chat box, next to the search option.
- Then after clicking on the gear box, a hover shall come. Choose the third last option as shown in the picture.
Choose ‘Turn Off Video/Voice Calls’
- After clicking the third last option the following options will come to choose upon, if you permanently want to disable facebook calls then choose ‘Until I turn It back on Confirm with the most desired option
That’s it, Now you have successfully disabled all the voice and video calls on you facebook. And the same will apply to your iOs Application, Messenger application and Facebook Application.