Dangal Collection: Dangal Box Office Collections 35th Day (5th Thursday / Week) & 35 Days Report: Aamir Khan’s Dangal movie is literally doing the same at the box office. Whenever there is a movie of a superstar in Indian cinema, it comes with an assurance of being hit of all times. All recent five films of Aamir Khan were a big hit at the boxoffice.
During the recent times, the stats of box office collections went in declining phase. Bollywood industry affected adversely because of demonetization in India. Many Indian cinema releases last month’s proved a flop on BO, but Dangal collection wrote a new history. Each and every industry leader promoted it despite differences and it assured the film’s success.
The movie looked dry when it comes to the BO earnings. Generally, Indian audience didn’t show much interest in autobiographical Bollywood releases. The twist in the film of showing Coach as the villain in the house could somehow touch the vein of audience resulting in a much exciting response for Dangal box office collection.
Being the largest release of the year, the film scored around 60% occupancy on an average during the first week which tremendous. Overall response rate was better than of Salman Khan’s Sultan but less than of PK.
The movie continues to stay strong in important areas including Haryana, Punjab, and Mumbai. However, there are slightly below par response from Delhi and Gujarat which are usually considered to be important cities for Hindi films. Single screens spotted performing consistently better since past 2 weeks which is a good signal.
It appears mass centers are in no mood of changing the screening before the release of SRK’s Raees. Multi screens proved a much lucrative deal during the starting days. Most amazing things was seen as all the shows and screens were reserved for Aamir Khan only in Delhi cinemas.
Dangal Collection: Dangal BoxOffice Collection
- Day 1 (Friday) – December 23: Rs 29.78 crore
- Day 2 (Saturday) – December 24: Rs 34.82 crore
- Day 3 (Sunday) – December 25: Rs 42.35 crore
- Day 4 (Monday) – December 26: Rs 25.48 crore
- Day 5 (Tuesday) – December 27: Rs 23.07 crore
- Day 6 (Wednesday) – December 28: Rs 21.20 crore
- Day 7 (Thursday) – December 29: Rs 20.29 crore
- Day 8 (Friday) – December 30: Rs 18.59 crore
- Day 9 (Saturday) – December 31: Rs 23.07 crore
- Day 10 (Sunday) – January 1: Rs 31.27 crore
- Day 11 (Monday) – January 2: Rs 13.45 crore
- Day 12 (Tuesday) – January 3: Rs 12 crore
- Day 13 (Wednesday) – January 4: Rs 9.23 crore
- Day 14 (Thursday) – January 5: Rs 9.52 crore
- Day 15 (Friday) – January 6: Rs 6.66 crore
- Day 16 (Saturday) – January 7: Rs. 10.80 cr
- Day 17 (Sunday) – January 8: Rs. 14.33 cr
- Day 18 (Monday): January 9 – Rs. 4.35 cr
- Day 19 (Tuesday): January 10 – Rs. 4.03 cr
- Day 20 (Wednesday) – January 11: Rs. 3.21 cr
- Day 21 (Thursday) – January 12: Rs. 2.97 cr
- Day 22 (Friday) – January 13: Rs. 1.94 cr
- Day 23 (Saturday) – January 14: Rs. 4.06 cr
- Day 24 (Sunday) – January 15: Rs. 4.24 cr
- Day 25 (Monday) – January 16: Rs. 1.37 cr
- Day 26 (Tuesday) – January 17: Rs. 1.27 cr
- Day 27 (Wednesday) – January 18: Rs. 1.16 cr
- Day 28 (Thursday) – January 19: Rs 1.04 cr
- Day 29 (Friday) – January 20: Rs. 1.19 cr
- Day 30 (Saturday) – January 21: Rs. 2.10 cr
- Day 31 (Sunday) – January 22: Rs. 2.83 cr
- Day 32 (Monday) – January 23: Rs. 0.90 cr
- Day 33 (Tuesday) – January 24: Rs. 1.01 cr
- Day 34 (Wednesday) – January 25: Rs. 0.24 cr
- Day 35 (Thursday) – January 26 (Republic Day: Rs. 0.54 cr
Total collections (35 days) – Rs 383.88 crore (nett)
Overseas Collection – Rs 201.65 Crore
Total Collection – Rs. 584.53 crore (nett)
Top 5 Worldwide grossers at a glance (to be updated)
- P.K – Rs. 769 cr.
- Dangal – Rs. 670 cr.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan – Rs. 629 cr.
- Dhoom 3 – Rs. 585 cr.
- Sultan – Rs. 572 cr.
Earlier, only the multiplexes drove the film. But Sunday onwards, they saw a massive increase in their shows. The movie is garnering collections in big numbers because of the support of pan-India. You need the support of the whole nation to do business in such a high figures. The latest Aamir starrer is on the same line.
On 3rd of the movie release, the Dangal collections was not able to beat the earlier record of many films, but scoring above 40 crores was still great considering the time of release. Only less than 5 films in the entire industry currently have first 3 days weekend total of more than 100 crores and earning more than 106.95 cr from the domestic market only was a great thing. Haryana government declared it tax-free which helped the fortune of the film.
2nd Weekend was very much great for Dangal collection. Earning more than 30 crores on the 2nd weekend could be the rarest thing in boxoffice collections. It would be interesting to see how much the film was able to earn in the 3rd week because that will decide the ultimate fortune, whether the movie will be able to break the record of PK collections or not.
Dangal collections weekdays performance was average on the BO. The film continues to sustain better than many other releases of Indian cinema. Overseas earnings also continued the positive response.
Overseas figures are based on estimates and reports from various trusted sources. We can confirm that the flick earned over 6 million dollars before the end of the first week in overseas countries. As usual, the initial response was from UAE-GCC and United States. Film will release in secondary dubbed languages soon, which will attract a potential audience.
Figures may slightly differ from source to source; we try our best to update correct values for Dangal collection. All the amount shown above are net values.
Stay tuned for more updates.