Happy Grandparents Day 2019 Quotes Sayings: Every year, the first Sunday after Labor Day is celebrated as the National Grandparents’ Day in the United States. It is observed to dedicated one special day for all the Nanas, Dadas, Grams, Gramps, Bubbes, Zaydes, Nanis, and Dadis regardless of the what one calls in his/her native language. It is the special occasion to observe with one’s parents’ parents.
It came into existence in the 1960s. However, remained just a local celebration but in 1978, it became the official event in the US. The president of that time, Jimmy Carter established the first Sunday after Labor Day as the National Grandparents Day.
Each and every special occasion can be celebrated by sending a card, calling and wishing, or simply spending time with the concerned people. However, quotations, sayings, and quotes remain the classic way to observe a special event. The below available ones can be sent to grand parents.
Happy Grandparents Day 2019 Quotes Sayings
- “The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” — Sam Levenson
- “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” — Italian proverb
- “Because (grandparents) are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations.” — Jimmy Carter
- “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” — Ogden Nash
- “Every house needs a grandmother in it.” — Louisa May Alcott
- “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Maybe that is the greatest of wonders: that we can be shaped so much by those we’ve known closely, and equally by those we’ve never known at all — and that we too can change the world long after we’ve left it.” — Jacob M. Appel
- “Some of the world’s best educators are grandparents.” — Charles W. Shedd
- “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grand parents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” — Alex Haley
- “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” — Gene Perret
- Breakfast with my grandparents makes me realize how incredibly thankful I am for my amazing family _
- My grandparents have such high hopes and faith in me that's why I'm striving for success
- “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.” — Rudy Giuliani
- “Elephants and grandchildren never forget.” — Andy Rooney
- “A grandmother is a safe haven.” — Suzette Haden Elgin
- “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.” — Regina Brett
- “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.” — Joyce Allston
- “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” — Erma Bombeck
- “Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all.” — Fanny Fern
- It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother — that’s why the world calls her grandmother.
- There’s never a moment in life where your special love isn’t needed. Thanks for showing your open arms and an open heart always. Happy Grandparents Day 2019 quotes
- “Truth be told, being a grandma is as close as we ever get to perfection. The ultimate warm sticky bun with plump raisins and nuts. Clouds nine, ten, and eleven.” – Bryna Nelson Paston
- Sorry I did something naughty today. But as usual shhh!!! don’t tell mom/pa. Love you lots. Happy Grandparents’ Day. quotes
Hope you enjoyed these Happy Grandparents Day 2019 Quotes Sayings. Keep sharing and caring.