Jayalalitha Funeral Live Streaming: Amma J Jayalalithaa died yesterday, December 5, 2016, at Apollo Hospital. She breathed her last at 11:30 pm as per the statement of the doctor. She had been one of the most popular politicians in India. Jayalalita will be buried next to her mentor MG Ramachandran.
The 68-year-old failed to recover from a huge cardiac arrest which she suffered on Sunday evening. Experts and doctors tried to save her on life support systems, but she couldn’t make it. The funeral ceremony is to take place at the Rajaji Hall, a public auditorium.
Amma Jayalalithaa Funeral Live Streaming
Jayalalitha’s body is kept in a casket draped in the national flag. Jayalalithaa was popular called “Amma” aka mother.The funeral is scheduled for 4:30 pm.
Latest News & Updates on Jayalalitha Funeral.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Chennai and then Rajaji Hall. A massive crowd came to see PM Modi. He paid his respects to Ms. Jayalalithaa.
- Earlier, a situation arose where the police were left with no choice and had to use batons to control the crowd. The people tried to break down barricades to reach and have a glimpse of their beloved leader.
- President of India, Pranab Mukherjee was to arrive Chennai but returned due to a technical problem. Then, he took another flight.
- Eight chief ministers which include Arvind Kejriwal of Delhi, Maharashtra’s Devendra Fadnavis, and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will be at the funeral.
- Jayalalithaa’s friend Sasikala Natarajan remained near the politician’s body today. The body was dressed in green color saree. She believed it was lucky for her.
- Jayalalithaa had been the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for four times. She quit two times due to corruption allegations. Her loyalist O Panneerselvam always stood for her. He was made the new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu last night.
- Jayalalithaa death took place at Apollo Hospital. On September 22 due to fever and dehydration. Jayalalitha health condition worsened due to a severe lung ailment. Later on, she was shifted to ICU for a long time.
- A large number of women and men were seen weeping and wailing “Amma, Amma” in grief. Since the news of Jayalalitha’s death, there has been no news of violence. It is a relief for the administration.
- In 2014, 200 people committed suicide in anger and sorrow when Jayalalitaa was arrested on corruption charges. People burned buses. On the orders of the Supreme Court, she asked people to remain calm within the jail.
- This year, Jayalalithaa broke a three-decade-long tradition by becoming the Chief Minister once again. Earlier, this was happened to be altered between Jayalalitha and the DMK.