September 11 is remembers as 9/11 attacks. Here, we have a collection of Sept. 11 quotes, Never Forget sayings, images, info (what happened), and much more. 11th September 2018, Tuesday is the 16th anniversary of the US twin tower attacks. It was a terrible September morning when Al Qaida hijacked two passenger airlines and smashed them into the twin towers.
People lost their friends, family members, relatives, and loved ones. The incident took place on September 11, 2001. The aftermath resulted into shaping of our society in every aspects – be it, our right to privacy, immigration policies, way of boarding planes, and treating of fellow black and/or Muslim Americans.
9/11 Quotes: September 11 Sayings
Every year on this date, everyone who lost one of theirs and who believes in mankind mourn and remember the dead ones. We try to make sense of that horrible day’s events. Even after so many years, it’s impossible to compensate that loss and pain that we suffered both as nation and individuals.
It seems that this year’s anniversary is going to be difficult as a shared commitment to liberty, diversity, equality are under attack after the attacks of 9/11. These values brought everyone together and these are now being threatened in every way possible by the terrorists, goons, and sometimes by government too.
On this day, we must spare some time to not only mourn on September 11, but also to deduce the lessons we learned due to that tragedy. Here are some quotes which you can share to pay tributes to the lost individuals and their families.
- “If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.” – Sandy Dahl, wife of Jason Dahl, pilot of Flight 93
- “What separates us from the animals, what separates us from the chaos, is our ability to mourn people we’ve never met.” —David Levithan, Love is the Higher Law
- “You can be sure that the American spirit will prevail over this tragedy.” —Colin Powell
- “September 11 is one of our worst days but it brought out the best in us. It unified us as a country and showed our charitable instincts and reminded us of what we stood for and stand for.” – Senator Lamar Alexander
- “We will win this struggle—not for glory, nor wealth, nor power, but for justice, for freedom, and for peace… so help us God.” —Tom Harkin
- “Americans never quit.” —Douglas MacArthur
- “It’s the nature of the world that most people have moved on, but the people directly involved with 9/11, for them, twice a day it’s 9/11.” – Robert Reeg, former FDNY firefighter.
- “Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11.” – President Barack Obama
- “My older brother John lived [his life] in Technicolor. … When he walked in the door, the whole house lit up. And I’m sure heaven lit up when he got there too.”
—Anthoula Katsimatides at the World Trade Center site in 2005
- “True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” —Clarence Darrow
- “September11, 2001 seems destined to be the watershed event of our lives and the greatest test for our democracy in our lifetimes.” – Lt. Col. Shelton F. Leskford, U.S. Marine Corps
- “One of the worst days in America’s history saw some of the bravest acts in Americans’ history. We’ll always honor the heroes of 9/11. And here at this hallowed place, we pledge that we will never forget their sacrifice.” – President George W. Bush.
- On that terrible day, a nation became a neighborhood, all Americans became New Yorkers.
– George Pataki, former Governor of New York
- “September 11 impressed upon us that life is a precious gift…. And I think we all have a duty to devote at least a small portion of our daily lives to ensuring that neither America nor the world ever forgets September 11.” ―Bill Frist, former United States Senator
- “What we learned on September11 is that the unthinkable is now thinkable in the world.” — John Ashcroft
Stay tuned to TheReporterTimes for 9/11 quotes and more!