Constitution Day 2016: It falls on Friday this year. It is every year celebrated on September 17. In view of that, we have collected a list of 9 essential constitutional resources which is enough to explain the need and understand the US Constitution. (check: Happy Birthday Narendra Modi.)
It came into existence in 2004 by the usage of federal law. It is done to teach the citizens about the Constitution especially to students in Schools those are funded by federal agencies. However, with time, the day has grown much longer. Nowadays, it is celebrated as long as a week in towns and at universities and schools.
Constitution Day 2016
This year, it is celebrated on September 16 as September 17 falls on Saturday, weekend. Below is the list of 9 essential online resources which can be used to learn more about it.
1. The part of Public Law 108-447, an appropriations bill, actually established the Constitution Day.
URL – http://www.loc.gov/law/help/guide/federal/108-477cd.pdf
2. A copy of the Constitution at the National Constitution Center’s website. Here is the link: http://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution. There is more online version. The official US Archives page at http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html. It has text and photos of the original documents. And it has an excellent review of the Constitutional Convention of 1787.
Another URL – http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/overview
3. Look at the bios and signature of 39 founders of the constitution – http://constitutioncenter.org/learn/educational-resources/founding-fathers/
4. Take an interactive quiz at http://constitutioncenter.org/foundersquiz/ to match yourself to some of the founders.
5. Here is the link to get some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding the constitution. URL – http://wp.me/p13iVO-4NB
6. Here is another pop quiz to give basic knowledge about the Constitution. It will provide you knowledge regarding the Bill and Rights. URL – http://wp.me/p13iVO-4M9
7. Here is the cool and interactive quiz for teacher friends. It contains lesson plans, videos, games, and instructional materials. http://constitutioncenter.org/constitution-day
8. You can taka a sample neutralization test at http://constitutioncenter.org/constitution-day/constitution-day-resources/naturalization-testConstitution Day 2016
9. Before this constitution, USA had another one which was used in different ways from 1777 to 1789. It replaced the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union when the current one was approved.
It was done to create a stronger federal government. Then, the founders meet for a Constitutional Convention in 1787. The overview of those articles is present at http://www.loc.gov/rr/program/bib/ourdocs/articles.html. The articles of confederation are available at http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/artconf.asp
Stay tuned to The Reporter Times for latest news and updates. Don’t forget to share it on social media sites. What are your views and thoughts regarding it. Feel free to share with us.