Flag Day 2019: Today, i.e., June 14 is the day to honor the adoption of the flag of the United States of America (USA). flag quotes. June 14th also marks the birthday of current US President – Donald Trump.
Flag Day 2019 Quotes & Sayings
It was on June 14, 1777, when the Second Continental Congress decided that ‘the flag of the United States will have 13 stripes, alternate red and white, the union with thirteen stars, white in a blue field which will represent a new constellation.
Share: Eid Mubarak Wishes.
The exact origins of the occasion are not known. But, however, the Department of Veteran’s Affairs says that it was first observed officially in the 1860s in Hartford, Connecticut.
The most well-known claim states that it came in 1889 from New York kindergarten school. It states that the principal held school ceremonies that recognized FlagDay.
Share: Fathers Day Quotes.
Irrespective of the exact date, it is an important day and patriotic holiday. FlagDay pays tribute to red, white, and blue, and for what they stand. Here we have some Flag Day quotations, messages, images, wishes, sayings, quotes to observe and celebrate the event.
Happy Flag Day Quotes
Share this collection on social media sites like Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, instant messengers like WhatsApp to let others also know about it.
1. “You’re the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.” — George M. Cohan
2. “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it.” — Mark Twain
3. “The things that the flag stands for were created by the experiences of a great people. Everything that it stands for was written by their lives. The flag is the embodiment, not of sentiment, but of history.” — Woodrow Wilson
4. “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.” — John F. Kennedy
5. “The cement of this union is the heart-blood of every American.” — Thomas Jefferson
6. “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.” — Barack Obama
7. “Yet, Freedom! yet the banner, torn, but flying,
Streams like the thunderstorm against the wind!”
8. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” — Elmer Davis
9. “I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. It is the history of our nation, and it’s marked by the blood of those who died defending it.” – John Thune
10. “This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in.” — Theodore Roosevelt
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it.” — Mark Twain
- “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.” — Barack Obama
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” — Elmer Davis
- “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”— Adlai Stevenson
- “This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in.” — Theodore Roosevelt
- There is not a thread in it but scorns self-indulgence, weakness and rapacity. ~Charles Evans Hughes