Happy Buddha Purnima 2017: Vesak Day, Buddha Quotes, Wishes, SMS, Messages, Greetings, Pictures, Images, Pictures HD Wallpaper, Whatsapp Status: The auspicious day of celebration for people who follows Buddhism religion has come. People will enlight their homes and offices with Chinese lanterns, incense, and candles. It is popular in India and Singapore.
The Wesak day is popular in India and Singapore. The celebrations for Vesak have started for one of the most auspicious festivals in the Buddhist calendar. Buddha Day is known as Vesak. This day is observed every year celebrate the birth, enlightenment, a death of the Buddha (Siddartha Gotama).
Happy Vesak Day 2017
What is Vesak (Wesak)?
Vesak occurs on different dates of the Gregorian calendar as it is an Asian lunisolar calendar. This day is named ‘Vesak’ as it falls in the month of Vesakha. On this day, the birth, enlightenment, and death of Buddha took place.
Why don’t we celebrate Vesak three times?
It is a traditional festival and thus marks the birth, enlightenment, and death of Lord Buddha. Keeping its history in mind, older traditions to celebrate it are still prevailing and thus first one witness. For some, death is the most significant figure because this is the time when he passed into Nirvana (Nibbana). Buddhists consider the end of the life as the rebirth.
So when is Vesak 2017?
The festival will be celebrated on different days. It will just need to check out your locality in the world. Vesak is going to be celebrated on May 20 in Cambodia, Nepal, and Thailand as per the UN official date to mark the festival.
However, the date for people living in Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and Singapore is May 10. While, in Indonesia, it will be celebrated on 11th May.
How is Vesak celebrated?
The ways of celebrations depend on the region to region. For example, in Sri Lanka, the day is marked by lighting displays and colorful lanterns.
In Taiwan, people use to pour water over Buddha statues and to mark the same day in Singapore, the individuals who have kept some birds or animals, let them go free.
As usual, flowers plays a major role in the celebration of any event. Temples are decorated with the flowers and offering are made to shrines. People chants and offer the prayers. But, the most important thing is to help others and do charity. Buddhists are going to spend the whole day in a temple.
Buddha quotes for Vesak
1) There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
2) You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
3) Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
4) No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We must walk the path.
5) We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
6) Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
7) Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
8) Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
9) The mind is everything. What you think you become.
10) To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise, we shall not be able to keep our mind sharp and clear.
Stay tuned to TheReporterTimes for latest education news and updates.