World Water Day Quotes, Slogans, Images, 2019 Theme, Facts, Posters, Sayings, Logo: Save water quotes are here on the occasion of happy World Water Day 2019. It is celebrated on March 22, 2019. The date is fixed for each and every year. It doesn’t change. It came into existence due to the efforts made by the United Nations.
It’s an initiative made by the United Nations in 1993 to emphasize the rising problem of freshwater across the globe. Since then, the UN is trying to educate people and provide the clean and safe water access in every corner of the world. This year, it falls on Wednesday. Participate to aware people regarding the water quality. It is a part of the UN’s sustainable development program which has a goal of making access to safe water by 2030 throughout the world.
World Water Day Quotes & Slogans 2019
World Water Facts
As of now, over 80% of wastewater is directly flown into the environment without even being treated to any extent. This wastewater comes from homes, factories, and agricultural waste which is enough for polluting the nature. It eventually causes the ecosystem to go low on essential nutrients.
As per some reports, around 1.8 million people are dependent on drinking the polluted water. It causes them to suffer from contracting diseases like typhoid, polio, cholera, and dysentery.
A research has shown that around 500,000 people lose their lives due to drinking polluted water. If we get successful in increasing the water quality, sanitation, and hygiene, then it would result into decreasing the global disease burden by 9% along with reducing the mortality rate by over 6%.
The United States Geological Survey has shown that on an average per person quota is 100 gallons per day. From this 100 gallons, an average person wastes 95% of it. It is lost down the drain.
World Water Day 2019 Theme
The theme for 2019 WWD is Nature for Water. In 2016, it was Water and Jobs while it will be Nature-based Solutions for Water in 2018. Every year, it is changed to go through every domain related to water.
According to a report, India uses the world quality of water in the world. About 75 million people don’t get clean and safe drinking water. The Ganges has been polluted with sewage and runoff. Still, 40% population of India is dependent on it for water supply.
A survey has shown that the world’s water demand increase by 50% percent by 2030. As the developing nations tend to grow, their demand for water grows exponentially. A report says that around 50% of the world’s population will be living in water-stressed areas by 2025.
Happy World Water Day Quotes & Slogans 2019
- “Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.”Jacques Cousteau, explorer, conservationist, inventor
- “By means of water, we give life to everything.” » Koran
- “Water is the best of all things.” Pindar, Ancient Greek poet
- “Filthy water cannot be washed.” » West African Proverb
- Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.
- “Water is the driving force of all nature.” Leonardo da Vinci, artist
- “Water Covers 2/3 of the surface of the Earth but Only 0.002% is Drinkable. Save Water.”
- “Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.” — Lao Tzu
- “A river is more than an amenity, it is a treasure.
- “Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.” » Christopher Morley
- “In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can surpass it.” Lao Tzu, philosopher
- “Thousands have lived without love, not one without water.” W.H. Auden, poet
- “It’s a strange world of language in which skating on thin ice can get you into hot water.” » Franklin P. Jones
- “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.”Loren Eisley, anthropologist, philosopher, ecologist
- Water from the white fountain didn’t taste any better than from the black fountain.
- “We never know the worth of water till the well is dry.” Thomas Fuller, historian
- I am like a drop of water on a rock. After drip, drip, dripping in the same place, I begin to leave a mark, and I leave my mark in many people’s hearts. #HappyWorldWaterDay
- “Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams – they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do – they all contain truths.”
Stay tuned to TheReporterTimes for more news.