IPL 2018 Points Table: This year, it’s the season 11 of Indian Premier League tournament. For the last 10 years, it has been an annual carnival of Indian cricket. Two teams have returned after experiencing a two-year ban due to on-spot match-fixing – Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders (SRH vs KKR)
In the weekdays, only one match is being played at 8 pm IST while on the weekends – Saturdays and Sundays, it turns out to be a doubleheader with one match at 4 pm IST and the second one being at 8 pm IST only. The opening ceremony took place on Sunday, April 7, 2018.
IPL 2018 Points Table
The batting of KL Rahul led KXIP to a 6-wicket victory against DD. For KKR, the players were Sunil Narine and Dinesh Karthik (the new captain) who made their team win by four wickets against Virat Kohli led RCB. Once again, RCB got the worst start. Let’s see how all team performs over the course of the tournament.
The Indian Premier League points table 2018 is going to take many twists and turns before reaching the conclusion. The top four teams in the initial stages will make it to the qualifiers and the Eliminator. In the final match, the Qualifiers’ winner will play to win the trophy.
Teams Matches Won Lost Net Run Rate Points
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) 14 9 5 +0.284 18
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) 14 9 5 +0.253 18
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) 14 8 6 -0.070 16
Rajasthan Royals (RR) 14 7 7 -0.250 14
Mumbai Indians (MI) 14 6 8 +0.317 12
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) 14 6 8 +0.129 12
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) 14 6 8 -0.502 12
Delhi Daredevils (DD) 14 5 9 -0.222 10
Win – 2 points
No Result – 1 point
Tied – 1 point
*** Tied (where it was not possible to complete a Super Over at the end of play or where the Super Over itself is tied)
Last Updated on April 9
IPL Standings Trivia
- None of the teams have reached Qualifiers with less than 14 points in IPL history.
- 5 of the 13 teams have collected 22 points in a season – highest in any IPL season so far.
- Delhi Daredevils and Deccan Chargers have got only 4 points in a season which is the lowest points by any IPL team.
- Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad, and Deccan Chargers haven’t finished 1st in IPL points table, but have won IPL title.
- DD has finished 1st twice but never won IPL trophy.