Tiktok recently removed the Tiktok repost feature for some users which they just yet introduced in the application. The feature was introduced to take on Tiktok’s Rival – Instagram, which has repost feature since many years. The users today woke up to repost feature not working anymore, we did a thorough analysis why this is happening and how can you get that feature back.
Tiktok was struggling with user growth and content growth. So the social media giant introduced the feature to repost the stories. It was a great feature to keep the users engaged and it worked like charm for the company as well. The feature significantly improved the user experience.
Tiktok Repost Feature was launched in December 2021 for testing. The feature was later added to all the phones after successful tests.
Tiktok Repost Feature Removed or Not?
Tiktok Repost Feature was for few selected users. Those lucky users were actually happy to find themselves with a power to do something which other users can’t even think of with Tiktok Repost Feature. The feature was initially added for the testing. The testing of repost feature usage in the application is completed in May 2022 (After 6 Months).
After the testing phase is completed – Tiktok Repost Feature is removed from all the phones. It is not yet clear whether the social media giant is planning to bring the feature back for selected users or not. Also, there is a major update due on Tiktok application so it might be because the developers are adding the feature permanently to the application.
Steps to Get Tiktok Repost Feature back
While Tiktok yet not released any official announcement on when they’re going to give the Tiktok Repost Feature back, we found a small trick to get your Tiktok Repost Feature back for few more days. The everloved feature could be retained using the following steps
Get Tiktok Repost Feature back on Android Phones
- Don’t Update Your Tiktok Application.
- If you’ve updated your application recently, Hold on to the app – Navigate to the “App Info”
- After reaching Tiktok settings, select “Storage and Data” Option.
- Click on “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data”.
- Go back to previous screen and click on restore defaults.
- Login again on Tiktok application using your credentials.
Get Tiktok Repost Feature back on iOS Phones
- Uninstall the application.
- Reinstall the application after clearing the iCloud Data.
This trick is working for many people while some are not able to find any luck. The trick to get Tiktok Repost Feature back is working only on few selected Android and iOS devices.
Warning: This trick will wipe out all of your draft videos.
How to Use Tiktok Repost Feature
- Go to the ‘For You’ feed or navigate to your favourite Tiktoker profile.
- Click on ‘share’, the icon with an arrow below the comments button.
- Tap on the ‘Repost’ option, a yellow button with white arrows
Previously, while introducing the feature, a TikTok spokesperson told TechCrunch: “We’re always thinking about new ways to bring value to our community and enrich the TikTok experience. Currently, we’re experimenting with a new way for people to share TikTok videos they enjoy.”