|Real Name||Kara McCullough|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet-Inches- 5′ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||9 September 1991|
|Age (as in 2016)||25 Years|
|Birth Place||Naples, Italy|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Washington, D.C., USA|
|College||South Carolina State University, Orangeburg, South Carolina|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Chemistry with a concentration in Radiochemistry|
|Family||Father– Artensel E. McCullough Sr. (Worked in U.S. Marine Corps)
Mother– Betty Ann Parker
|Hobbies||Cooking, skating, collecting socks|
|Controversy||Her win as Miss USA 2017 was criticized on social media after her controversial statement about health care and feminism. She said that affordable health care is a “privilege” for the U.S. citizens, not a right.|
|Favorite Food||Pistachio Pesto Pasta|
|Favorite Actor||Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Favorite Musicians||Adele, Pitbull, Shania Twain|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kara McCullough
- Does Kara McCullough smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kara McCullough drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Kara is a physical scientist at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- She is a former Army Reserve officer and IT analyst for the U.S. Commerce Department.
- As her father used to work in the U.S. Marine Corps, her family moved worldwide, hence, Kara was raised in different countries like Italy, South Korea, Hawaii, and Japan.
- As a child, she had a fear of mathematics as was a child.
- She won the ‘Miss South Carolina State University’ title at her college.
- She won the ‘Miss District of Columbia USA’ title in 2017.
- On 14 May 2017, she won the ‘Miss USA’ 2017 title in Las Vegas.
- She is the first-ever military member to win Miss USA.
- She has 50 other contestants and will represent the US at the Miss Universe contest.
- She owns a self-funded program called ‘Science Exploration for Kids (SE4K)’ that offers mathematics and science tutoring to students from 6th to 11th grades.
Miss USA 2017: The name of winner for this year has been announced on 14th May. She is none other than Miss District of Columbia and her name is Kara McCullough. Previous champ crowned her successor. Here we bring you some facts which you should know about the 25-year-old woman.
Miss USA 2017 Winner: Kara McCullough, Miss District of Columbia – Bio, Wiki, Facts
McCullough is a physical scientist at the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission. During Sunday night event, she was once asked for what she has brought in her suitcase to Las Vegas. Kara answered that she has brought her ‘glasses’ to the pageant. She loves to take her contact lenses out and put glasses on.
Kara graduated from South Carolina State University with a Chemistry degree and concentration in radiochemistry. She had been a member of S.C. State’s Honors College, the American Chemical Society, the Health Physics Society, the American Association of Blacks in Engineering and the American Nuclear Society.
Recently, McCullough was recruited in the Alpha Nu Sigma Honor Society, the Golden Key International Honour Society and the National Society of Black Engineers. As told by her, her philosophy is, “We all live and learn; therefore, nurture simplicity and humbleness.”
In 2012, Kara became the 75th Miss South Carolina State University at the school’s annual Coronation Ceremony.
Attention at Miss USA 2017 Pageant
In an interview, McCullough was asked the reason for going against the smooth blowout pageant trend.
She said, “You answered it right there! With the paradigm shift of the competition, formerly a pageant, now a competition, we are highlighting aspects of a modern woman.”
Funds and Social Service
Kara is reportedly funding an outreach program called ‘Science Exploration for Kids’ on her own.
She said, “I go to the schools to do science projects, tutoring, and presentations… I hope and pray these moments fuel them for their entire lives.”
The Reigning Miss USA (2016) Is Also From DC
Deshauna Barber was originally Miss District of Columbia USA. She recently spoke to Fox about what it feels like to hand over the crown.
“Excited, but sad and anxious. Combination of feelings when you’re passing over your reign. You feel accomplished and humble and thankful for the experience. I feel lucky to be able to crown the 2017 Miss USA winner.”
Date of Birth & Full Name: Kara McCullough
Her complete name is Kára Deidra McCullough and she was born on September 9, 1991, in Naples, Italy to Betty Ann Parker and Artensel E. McCullough Sr. Now, she will represent the United States of America in the Miss Universe 2017 pageant.
Kara McCullough Stats
- Height – 5 ft 10 in (178 cm)
- Hair color – Black
- Eye color – Brown
- Home Town – Washington DC
Prize & What Perks: Miss USA Winner 2017 Gets
- All Expenses Paid Luxury NYC Apartment
- Representing The USA In Miss Universe
- A Special Wardrobe For Public Appearances
- The Chance To Travel
- Personal stylist and *chic AF* wardrobe
- Presents based on Miss USA’s sponsors. Last year, the brands consisted of Chinese Laundry, CHI and Image Skincare.
- Scholarship to film school
- Fitness, nail and hair services all taken care of
- Complimentary travel services
- PR and talent representation
- Professional pictures taken by Miss Universe and Miss USA photographer Fadil Berisha
- a year-long salary as Miss Universe
- swimwear by Yamamay
- modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha
- dermatology and skincare services provided by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher
- professional health and nutrition consultation by Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD and dental services by Dr. Jan Linhart, D.D.S.
2017 Miss USA Results
- Winner – Miss District of Columbia,
- 1st runner up – Miss New Jersey
- 2nd runner up – Miss Minnesota,
Watch Full Show Online
Stay tuned to TheReporterTimes for the latest news.
Disclaimer: We don’t provide any live stream or watch online video. Please purchase subscription packages if you want to watch and/or support the developers. This article is just news and the ways to watch the show/sports program legally.