New Rs 200 Note Image: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is going to debut all-new Rs 200 notes with a new denomination tomorrow, Friday, August 25. RBI has decided to issue it thinking to reduce the burden on Rs 100 notes. It is also expected to address the liquidity issues.
As of now, there is a heavy burden on Rs 100 notes as there is no denomination between 500 and 2000 in Indian currency after the scrapping of old Rs 500 and 1000 notes last year. 1000 was declared a illegel tender in December 2016. Rs 200 and Rs 2000 currency denomination are the debutant in Indian history.
RBI To Issue New Rs 200 Note
“The Reserve Bank of India will issue on August 25, Rs 200 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, RBI Governor,” RBI said in a release.
“The new denomination has Motif of Sanchi Stupa on the reverse. The base colour of the note is Bright Yellow. The note h as other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse,” RBI said.Advertisement
The circulation of new 200 rs notes will reduce the burden on small currency denomination notes. There has been a huge load on them due to shortage after scrapping Rs 1000 notes and introducing new Rupees 2000 note. It is being expected that 200 note will become a popular one as there is no denomination between 100 and 500 INR.
Check: New Rs 50 Notes Images
Features of New Rs 200 Note
Following is the list of all features of new 200 rs note along with its image.
The Front Side
- The new note will be released under Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing the signature of RBI Governor Dr. Urjit R. Patel.
- See through register with denominational numeral 200. Latent image with denominational numeral 200
- Denominational numeral २०० in Devnagari
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center
- Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘India’ and ‘200’
- Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI with color shift. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
- Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
- Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, 200 in color changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
- Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
- Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (200) watermarks
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side
- For visually impaired: Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised Identification mark H with micro-text ₹200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on the right and left sides
On The Back / Reverse Side
- Year of printing of the note on the left
- Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
- Language panel
- Motif of Sanchi Stupa
- Denominational numeral २०० in Devanagari
- Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 146 mm
Stay tuned to TheReporterTimes for latest news.