Public Affairs Index (PAI) rank Indian cities on basis of the data-driven to rank the 30 States of India from the lens of governance. In this post, we’re going to rank Top 10 Indian States on the basis of Social Protection.
Odisha topped the Public Affairs Index when it comes to Social Protection for citizens. Followed by Telangana and Punjab.
Meanwhile, Goa and Arunachal Pradesh stay on the end of the list with no good developments.
It covers various indexes as a lens to ascertain the quality factors affecting the lives of individuals in a state. The data which PAC use is from Union Government Ministeries and Departments to rank the states on an independent scale.
The latest release Public Affairs Index is the transparent and equal platform of all type of comprehensive data. Do check out the latest one.
|STATE||PAI INDEX||CATEGORY RANKING||OVERALL RANKING|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||0.5||4||11|
PAI 2018 sets the foundation for addressing social protection by focusing on four subjects. The twelve individual variables examined in this report, within each of the focus subjects is also mentioned below.
Public Distribution System:
- Allocation and off-take of grain under PDS
Social Justice and Empowerment:
- Percentage of Pension beneficiaries of the total population above 60;
- % of Households with no land;
- The incidence of crime against SC/ST;
- Percentage of titles distributed over the number of claims received under the Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers Act
- No. of Minority Children given pre-metric scholarship;
- % Muslim Enrolment out of total Muslim target population
- Unemployment Rate;
- No. of State Government Employees;
- Average days of employment provided per household;
- Average wage rate per day per person;
So do share your views about the latest Public Affairs Index on Social Protection. Had your State made it to top 10 of the list? Do share the article on your timeline.
Source: PAI Report