Public Affairs Index (PAI) rank Indian cities on basis of the data-driven to rank the 30 States of India from the lens of governance. In this post, we’re going to rank Top 10 Indian States on the basis of Support to Human Development.
Kerala topped the Public Affairs Index when it comes to Support to Human Development for citizens. Followed by Himachal Pradesh and Delhi.
Meanwhile, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh stay on the end of the list with no good developments.
It covers various indexes as a lens to ascertain the quality factors affecting the lives of individuals in a state. The data which PAC use is from Union Government Ministeries and Departments to rank the states on an independent scale.
The latest release Public Affairs Index is the transparent and equal platform of all type of comprehensive data. Do check out the latest one.
|STATE||PAI INDEX||CATEGORY RANKING||OVERALL RANKING|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||0.468||10||17|
Knowledge is measured through Education which comprises: The HDI or the Human Development Index, as developed by Mahbub ul Haq for the UNDP, measures each dimension of Human Development-
- Mean years of Schooling
- Expected years of Schooling
- Long and healthy life is measured through Health which comprises:
- Life Expectancy at birth
- A Decent standard of living is measured through national income which comprises:
- GNI per capita (PPP $)
The specific indicators selected under the focus subject of Education are
- Education Development Index
- Number of Higher Education Colleges per 1 lakh population
- National Achievement Survey (NAS) Score of Class X
- Gross Enrollment ratio (GER) in Higher Education (18-23 years)
- Educational Expenditure as a % of GSDP
- Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) for SC (Elementary)
- Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) for ST (Elementary)
The specific variables identified for Health in PAI 2018 are as follows:
- Infant Mortality Rate
- Average population served per hospital bed
- Full Immunization
- Expenditure on medical and public health and family welfare as a ratio to aggregate expenditure
- Life Expectancy at Birth
- Average population served per Government Allopathic Doctor
So do share your views about the latest Public Affairs Index on Support to Human Development. Had your State made it to top 10 of the list? Do share the article on your timeline.
Source: PAI Report