Public Affairs Index (PAI) rank Indian cities on basis of the data-driven to rank the 30 States of India from the lens of governance. In this post, we’re going to rank Top 10 Indian States on the basis of Essential Infrastructure available for citizens.
Goa topped the Public Affairs Index when it comes to providing Essential Infrastructure for citizens. Followed by Kerala and Delhi.
Meanwhile, Bihar and Manipur stay on the end of the list with no good developments.
It covers various indexes as a lens to ascertain the quality factors affecting the lives of individuals in a state. The data which PAC use is from Union Government Ministeries and Departments to rank the states on an independent scale.
The latest release Public Affairs Index is the transparent and equal platform of all type of comprehensive data. Do check out the latest one.
|STATE||PAI INDEX||CATEGORY RANKING||OVERALL RANKING|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||0.373||9||23|
The listing of the four focus subjects and the 16 indicators reveal the following array of variables that attempt to portray the state of infrastructure in the country:
- Transmission and Distribution Losses
- Per Capita Consumption of Power
- Households with Electricity (%)
- Households with an improved drinking-water source (%)
- Total Irrigated Area vs Total Agricultural Area
- Legislation regarding Rainwater harvesting
- The existence of Water Regulatory Commission
- The existence of Ground Water Regulation Act
Roads and Communication:
- Surface Roads as a % total Roads
- Road Density (per 1000 Population and per 1000 sq. KM)
- Households having access to Laptops with internet
- Total Bus Fleet and Buses in Public Sector (SRTUs)
- No. of Kutcha Houses as a % of total Households
- Slum Population as a % of total Urban population
- Toilets constructed under SBM
- Households using improved sanitation facility (%)
So do share your views about the latest Public Affairs Index on Essential Infrastructure. Had your State made it to top 10 of the list? Do share the article on your timeline.
Source: PAI Report