The World AIDS Day is going to be observed on 1st of December and here we’re discussing the significance and relevance of this day. In most parts of the world talking about Sexual Transmitted diseases is not really a taboo nowadays and celebration of World AIDS day have the highest importance in marking the day. On 1st December 1988, the day was officially declared by the United Nations to ensure awareness of HIV diseases. Since the inception of the day, all partner countries took significant steps to make sure of all the possible consequences.
In General, HIV infection is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). One can get HIV from contact with infected blood, semen, or vaginal fluids. This virus is common in many unorganized sex brothels around the world. Most people get the AIDS virus by having unprotected sex with someone who has HIV. Another common way of getting it is by sharing drug needles with someone who is infected with HIV.
Significance and Relevance
Not just the Government organizations, many NGOs and individuals observe the day to increase awareness. World Health Organisation (WHO) actively participates in promoting the steps against AIDS. WHO has declared the World AIDS Day as one of the important parts among 8 major public health campaigns carried by it. All participatory countries actively celebrate the World AIDS Day because of its significance in today’s life.
Along with creating awareness, World AIDS day is an important day to mourn for all those who lost their lives because of Sexually Transmitted Diseases. AIDS epidemic claims an estimated 2 million lives each year, of which about 270,000 are children.
Since 1981, AIDS has killed over 36 million people worldwide in a span of just 32 years which averages more than a million people dying worldwide because of AIDS. More than 35.3 million people are currently living with HIV diseases who have been somehow helped because of World AIDS day celebration.
Here some of the Quotes for marking the importance of World AIDS Day 2018
- “The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” AIDS Day Quote by Nikolai Lenin
- “Because of the lack of education on AIDS, discrimination, fear, panic, and lies surrounded me.” AIDS Day Quote by Ryan White
- “If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart.” AIDS Day Quote by Arabian Proverb
- “In fact, a large majority of those have died and of those expected to die of AIDS, as well as of those who are infected with the virus, are in sub-Saharan Africa.” AIDS Day Quote by Claudio Hummes
- “Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee, and do not try to make the universe a blind alley.” AIDS Day Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We live in a completely interdependent world, which simply means we cannot escape each other. How we respond to AIDS depends, in part, on whether we understand this interdependence. It is not someone else’s problem. This is everybody’s problem.” AIDS Day Quote by Bill Clinton
- “Give a child love, laughter and peace, not AIDS.” AIDS Day Quote by Nelson Mandela
- “It’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life of your years.” AIDS Day Quote by Abraham Lincoln
- “AIDS itself is subject to incredible stigma.” AIDS Day Quote by Bill Gates
- “AIDS obliges people to think of sex as having, possibly, the direst consequences: suicide. Or murder.”
- “To me, AIDS is an international epidemic and every country can be affected by it. Therefore, it can be discussed on an international level. Unfortunately, AIDS doesn’t require a visa.”
- It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance. ~Elizabeth Taylor
- “AIDS is an absolutely tragic disease. The argument about AIDS’ being some kind of divine retribution is crap”.
- If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. ~Author Unknown
- “The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” » Nikolai Lenin Healthline.com
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank
We wish everyone on World AIDS Day safe intercourse using preventive measures. Hope no one will ever lose a life because of Sexually Transmitted Diseases.