Happy Labor Day Images: In USA, the Labour Day is celebrated on first Monday of September every year. It is observed to honor the American labor movement and the laborers / workers’ efforts and contributions which have brought prosperity, laws, and well-being in the nation.
The Monday remains a holiday and as a result, this weekend is known as Labor Day weekend. Unofficially, it can be regarded as the end of Summer season in the America. It’s a federal holiday which started in the late 19th century with the trade unions and labor movements. They came up with this idea.
Happy Labor Day Images
- As we celebrate LaborDay, we honor the men and women who fought tirelessly for workers’ rights, which are so critical to our strong and successful labor force.
- If all the cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be Labor Day Weekend.
- LaborDay is seen as a day of rest for many hardworking Americans. – James P. Hoffa
- “No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- A lot of what passes for depression these days is nothing more than a body saying that it needs work.
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”- Confucius
Since then, a special day is observed to honor/celebrate labor. The ‘Labour Day’ was promoted by the Central Labor Union and the Knights of Labor. With their efforts, the first labour day parade was organized in New York City. Oregon was the first US state to officially announce the public holiday in 1887. By 1894, it became a federal holiday.
Moreover, Canada also celebrates its Labour Day on the first Monday of September each year. However, International Workers’ Day is observed on May 1 every year across 80 nations. It is known as May Day. Also, several nations observe it, but on their specific dates.
Let’s have a quick look at the collection of images for labor day quotes. You can share them on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and instant messengers like WhatsApp, status, and in much more ways. It’s a way of celebrating this occasion.
Let’s know your ways to celebrate it. Stay tuned to TheReporterTimes for more details.