Happy Purim 2019 Quotes & Sayings: February 28 and March 1 marks the celebrations of Jewish festival. Purim is observed to commemorate the survival of Jewish community against a very old extermination plot of Persians. As told by the Book of Esther (Megillah in Hebrew), a young woman named Esther is its central character.
Esther decided to become the wife of a Persian king in order to stop Persians from executing their plan against Jewish people. Since then, Esther is regarded as the hero, and the story is recited each year during the Purim holiday. The occasion reminds of the Haman’s plot to kill all the Jews around 2500 years ago. It took place in the ancient Achaemenid Persian Empire.
Happy Purim 2019 Quotes
The Purim festival of Jewish peeps starts on Saturday evening. It includes good food, wines, festivals, dancing, parade, and costumes. Like others, this day is observed to celebrate. It was first celebrated in the first century AD.
You can wish / greet with the following:
- Ah freylichen Purim, (A joyous Purim) in Yiddish.
- “Chag Sameach” or “Purim Sameach” which means Happy Holiday or HappyPurim.
- “Chag Purim Sameach,” “Have a happyPurim Festival.”
So, get ready with hamantaschen and don’t forget to share the following thoughtful and inspiring sayings and quotes on Purim with your dear ones.
- Happy Purim greetings to all. Hope you have a joyful celebration!
- Let us remember Esther and her bravery on this auspicious of Purim. HappyPurim to all.
- “Who has inflicted this upon us? Who has made Jews different from all other people? Who has allowed us to suffer so terribly up till now? It is God that has made us as we are, but it will be God, too, who will raise us up again.” Anne Frank
- Long live Mordecai, cursed be Haman, blessed be Esther”. Happy Purim wishes
1. “I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” – Psalm 16:8
2. “In Jewish history, there are no coincidences.” Elie Wiesel
3. “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, and you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?” – Esther 4:14
4. “Jews survived all the defeats, expulsions, persecutions and pogroms, the centuries in which they were regarded as a pariah people, even the Holocaust itself because they never gave up the faith that one day they would be free to live as Jews without fear.” Rabbi Jonathan Sacks
5. “If you don’t know what you’re living for, you haven’t lived yet.” Rabbi Noah Weinberg
6. “In them the king granted the Jews who were in each and every city the right to assemble and to defend their lives, to destroy, to kill and to annihilate the entire army of any people or province which might attack them, including children and women, and to plunder their spoil.” – Esther 8:11
7. “It is the mystery of the hidden miracle of survival in the face of overwhelming destruction. Our refusal to surrender has turned our story into one long, unending Purim tale.” Rabbi Nathan Lopes Cardozo
8. “I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” – Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook
Hope you liked the collection of happy purim 2019 quotes and wishes. Stay tuned to The ReporterTimes for more news.