National Pet Day Quotes Images: NPD is celebrated every year on April 11. This year, it falls on Thursday. NPD came into existence in 2006 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, Animal Welfare Advocate Colleen Paige. She started it to create public awareness about the plight of many different kinds of animals.
Also, it is observed to celebrate the joy that pets give us throughout our lives. As its official website mentions that NPD also aims to rescue animals all around the world waiting for a forever home in shelters. Pets have always come in all shapes, sizes, and species – be it box turtles, iguanas, hamsters, goldfish, or even dogs.
National Pet Day Quotes & Images
Most of the time, dogs and cats come into our minds when we speak of about having a pet. They are usually the favorites non-human friends. People don’t hesitate calling four, two, or no-legged beings as their best friends. Today gives us an extra special day to love and attention to our furry friends.
Here, we have a collection of national pet day images and quotes which speak of the joy of owning and loving pets. So, let’s thank them for giving endless love and cuddles.
- “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and a responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.” — James Cromwell
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole France
- “Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” — George Eliot
- “I would like to see anyone, prophet, king or God, convince a thousand cats to do the same thing at the same time.” – Neil Gaiman
- “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” – Orhan Pamuk in My Name is Red
- “I’ve seen a look in dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.” – John Steinbeck # Dog Quotes
- “The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog.” Carrie Underwood # doggy quotes
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.” – Josh Billings
- “Sometimes losing a pet is more painful than losing a human because, in the case of the pet, you were not pretending to love it.” – Amy Sedaris
- “Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.” – Ann Landers
- “A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.” – Robert Benchley
- “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber
- In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
– Terry Pratchett#PetPals
- “If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.”
― Roger A. Caras # pet quotes
- Happiness is a warm puppy…or kitty…or dog…or cat!