Happy Palm Sunday 2019 Images, Quotes, Wishes, Greetings, Photos, Prayer, Sermons: Do you know the Palm Sunday meaning or its importance? It is observed on the Sunday before Easter. This moveable feast of Christians is celebrated to commemorate the arrival of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem. It is a crucial event which is mentioned in all the four canonical Gospels.
Many Christian denominations include PalmSunday worship services which consist of a march of the faithful carrying palms. The palm branches represent the scattered crowd when Jesus arrived in Jerusalem. It becomes difficult to collect palms in unfavorable climatic conditions. Thus, the palms have been replaced with branches of easily accessible trees. The Sunday was named after the substitute like Yew Sunday or Branch Sunday.
Happy Palm Sunday 2019 Images & Quotes
What is Palm Sunday (Meaning)?
The celebration for this day came into existence around the late 4th century and originated in the Jerusalem Church. The early PalmSunday ceremonies included prayers, hymns, and sermons recited by clergy and people used to visit the holy places/sites in the city. At the site where Christ entered into heaven, the clergy read gospels regarding the Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem.
Share: Happy Good Friday Quotes
Early morning, the clergy used to recite throughout the city: “Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.” While children used to carry palms and olive branches and people returned to the church to hold the evening services. By the 5th century, the PalmSunday celebration had reached to Constantinople. Then, two changes were made in the 6th and 7th century which included the ritual blessings of the palms and a morning procession in place of the evening.
After that, in the 8th century, it was adopted by the western Church and the name was changed to Dominica in Palmis aka PalmSunday.
Palm Sunday Images, Photos
Palm Sunday Quotes, Wishes, Greetings
- Palm Sunday is like a glimpse of Easter.
It’s a little bit joyful after being somber during Lent.
- No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.
- PalmSunday is all about the voluntary death of Jesus. He came to die. He planned to die. He intended to die
- See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on, a donkey.
- We must not get tired of doing good, for we will reap at the proper time if we don’t give up.
- PalmSunday is like a glimpse of Easter. It’s a little bit joyful after being somber during Lent.
- Hope is stirring and our hearts are yearning for you, Jesus. We long for You. Hosanna! Blessed PalmSunday!!!
- This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Today, many years ago, He rode a donkey, not a horse. Peace is still the way He travels.
- They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting “Hosanna”. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.. Blessed is the King of Israel.
- “Alleluia, how the people cheer and palm leaves rustle as the king draws near.”
- PalmSunday is all about the voluntary death of Jesus. He came to die. He planned to die. He intended to die” – Luke 13: 33
- PalmSunday Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord.
- “PalmSunday is like a glimpse of Easter. It’s a little bit joyful after being somber during Lent.”
Stay tuned to The Reporter Times for latest PalmSunday news and other worldwide updates.