2018 Winter Solstice Quotes Sayings Wishes Messages Poems SMS WhatsApp Status: The shortest day of the winter season is known as Winter Solstice and this time, it falls on December 22, 2018. Thus, the ‘Sunday’ will be the shortest day in the Northern Hemisphere as the north pole will be titled farthest from the Sun. The tilt will be about 23.5 degrees.
The exact time of the event is 3:53 pm IST on 22nd December 2018. It will mark the beginning of the astronomical winter. Below, we have a collection of some of the best and most shared sayings and quotes on Winter. They are collected from the internet, GoodReads and the Quote Garden.
2018 Winter Solstice Quotes
- “Winter is the ideal opportunity for solace, for good sustenance and warmth, at the touch of a neighborly hand and a discussion close to the fire: it is the perfect opportunity for home.” ― Edith Sitwell
- “December, being the last month of the year, can’t resist the chance to make us consider what is to come.” ― Fennel Hudson
- “I think whether the snow adores the trees and fields, which it kisses them so tenderly? And after that it conceals them cozy, you know, with a white knit; and maybe it says, “Go to rest, sweethearts, till the summer returns once more.” ― Lewis Carroll.
- “There is a security about it which no other season gives you. In spring, summer and fall individuals kind of have an open season on each other; just in the winter, in the nation, would you be able to have longer, calm extends when you can appreciate having a place with yourself.” ― Ruth Stout
- “I heard a fowl sing/In the corner of December/An Enchanted thing/And sweet to recollect that:/’We are closer to spring/Than we were in September.'”― Oliver Herford
- Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
- “Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” — Victor Hugo
- “Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake.” — Sara Raasch
- In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
- “Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.” — Pietro Aretino
- “Thank heavens for the starting snow; it was an update ― regardless of how old you got to be and the amount you’d seen, things could at present be new in the event that you were ready to trust despite everything they mattered.” ― Candace Bushnell
- “What great is the glow of summer, without the chilly of winter to give it sweetness.” ― John Steinbeck
- “At the Summer Solstice, all is green and developing, potential appearing, the marvel of indication painted extensive on the canvas of mindfulness. At the Winter Solstice quotes, the wind is cool; trees are exposed, and all lies in stillness underneath covers of snow.” ― Gary Zukav
- “Snow was falling/so much like stars/filling the dull trees/that one could undoubtedly envision/its explanation behind/being was nothing more/than beauty.” ― Mary Oliver
- “Snow whirlwinds started to fall, and they twirled around individuals’ legs like house felines. It was enchanted, this snow globe world.” ― Sarah Addison Allen, The Sugar Queen
This is the collection of winter solstice 2018 quotes. Stay tuned to The Reporter Times for the latest news.