Exodus Kodi 17 Krypton/ Kodi 18 Leia Alpha 1 (Download & Setup): The free media player, Kodi has improved a lot as compared from its early days as XBMC. Kodi version 17 also known as Krypton is the latest release in the lineup and it has come with some major user interface changes. (check: Kodi for Android.)
You can download Krypton from official Kodi download page. Here is the URL https://kodi.tv/download/. On the first look, it feels very different but has a lot of similarities to the previous versions. The new default Skin is named as Estuary. The new Kodi17 Krypton is available with some big upgrade and improvements.
How to Install Exodus Kodi 18 on Kodi Leia Alpha one
- Open Kodi on your system > Click on the Settings icon
- Then tap on File Manager option > Double tap Add Source
- Click ‘None’ > Paste the URL http://kdil.co/repo/ > Press OK
- Name the repository as Kodi > Press OK
- Go back to Kodi Home > Click on Add-ons > Box icon
- Choose Install from Zip File > Click on Kodil > Then select Kodil.zip
- Select Install from Repository > Kodil Repository > Tap on Video Add-ons > Click on Exodus > Press Install
How To Install Exodus Addon on Kodi 17 Krypton?
Apart from the new default skin, many features like native support for Amilogic ARM 4K chips, Android de-interlacing to improve live TV streams, etc. have been added. We will suggest you use a good VPN with it. It is done to improve the privacy and security.
Steps to Setup Unknown Sources in Kodi17 Krypton
Exodus is one of the best Kodi addons available. Before we start, we need to do some groundwork by making sure that the media player is ready to accept add-ons from unknown sources like Exodus or Phoenix. To do that, follow the following steps.
- Click the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- System Settings
- Expert Mode should be toggled on.
- Turn ON Unknown Sources
- A warning box will come up select Yes
That’s all! We are done!
Steps To Install Exodus Add-on into Kodi 17 Krypton
UPDATE 7-11-2017: The Exodus repository has been having problems. Until it is fixed or a good alternative Repo is found it is best to go with Genesis Reborn which is similar to Exodus and working.
After Unknown Sources have been set to ON, repositories, and add-ons can be installed.
- Click the System Icon from the top left
- Select File Manager
- Click Add Source on the left
- Click where it says None
- Enter the URL: http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff/
- In the next box down name, it Smash Repo and select OK
- Double Check everything is correct and click OK
- Go back to Main Menu and click Add-ons
- Click the Package Installer Icon from the top left
- Install from zip file
- A box will slide open find Smash Repo and click it
- Click -SMASH Repo.zip
- Wait for the top right to pop up Smash Repository Installed
- Click Install from repository
- Click Smash repository
- Video add-ons
- Find and click Exodus
- After it installs it will be located from the main menu Video–>add-ons
Once installed, you will get a notification and then, it will be available to use. You will now be able to see it in your add-ons section.
How to Update Exodus on Kodi 17.6
Follow the steps to update the already installed Exodus Kodi addon.
- On the Kodi homepage, click Addons available on the left sidebar menu.
- Click on Video Add-ons, then right click on Exodus and select Information.
- Click on Update option.
- If there is an update available, it will be shown here.
Exodus Not Working/ Streaming: Solution/Fix
If you are not able to stream, then follow the steps to fix Exodus not working problem. The first solution is re-installing Exodus with the above steps. If you are using older Exodus addon through TVAddons, then the issue due to the shutting down of TVAddons. In this case, you need to install fresh Kodi Bae Repo.
If you are still facing issues, let’s know in comments.
How to Use Exodus Kodi Addon
After installing Exodus on Kodi Krypton on PC (Windows / Mac) or FireStick, you need to open the homepage. On the left sidebar, click on Add-ons and then select Video Add-ons. Exodus will be seen listed on the right side. Just click it to open the program.
After opening, it’s the time to explore the different sections of Exodus Addon, including Movies, TV Shows, etc. You can explore as per your preferences.
Exodus Kodi Addon: FAQs
Here are some of the questions answered since the shutdown of Exodus. Below are some of the frequently asked questions.
Q. Why did Exodus Kodi Addon disappear?
A. Earlier, this addon was available via TVAddons which got shut down. Now, it’s available via Kodi Bae Repo and working fine on PC and Fire TV Stick.
Q. Why Exodus Won’t Install on Kodi?
A. You won’t be able to install Exodus Kodi Addon following the older method (TVAddons). Follow the above-mentioned guide and download Exodus using Kodi Bae Repo.
Q. Why Is Exodus Slow? Why does it buffer so much?
A. It may be due to your internet speed. There have been reports suggesting that ISPs are throttling speed for Kodi users. You can bypass the ISP radar by using a good Kodi VPN. Also, then you will be able to use Real-Debrid on Kodi which provides several new HD streams.
Q. How to Install Exodus on Kodi Jarvis?
A. There is only the same way to install Exodus on Jarvis and Krypton. You should be able to install it by following the above method without any errors or issues.
Q. How to Get Subtitles for Exodus?
A. Use OpenSubtitles.org to get the subtitles on Kodi. You can install OpenSubtitles addon from official Kodi repository.
Q. Is VPN mandatory to use Exodus on Kodi?
A. No, it’s not. However, it is strongly recommended to use a VPN for Kodi if you want to stream with third-party Add-ons. ISP, Government, Hackers, etc. won’t be able to track you. It means no legal risk.
Q. What is the Best Exodus Alternative?
A. Neptune Rising, Placenta Kodi Addon, The Dogs Bollocks, Incursion Kodi Addon.
If you have any query or suggestion, please let us know via comments.