Public Affairs Index (PAI) rank Indian cities on basis of the data-driven to rank the 30 States of India from the lens of governance. In this post, we’re going to rank Top 10 Indian States on the basis of Transparency and Public Accountability.
Karnataka topped the Public Affairs Index when it comes to providing healthy Transparency and Public Accountability. Followed by Haryana and Chattisgarh.
Meanwhile, Delhi and Odisha stay on the end of the list with no good developments.
It covers various indexes as a lens to ascertain the quality factors affecting the lives of individuals in a state. The data which PAC use is from Union Government Ministeries and Departments to rank the states on an independent scale.
The latest rele ase Public Affairs Index is the transparent and equal platform of all type of comprehensive data. Do check out the latest one.
|STATE||PAI INDEX||CATEGORY RANKING||OVERALL RANKING|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||0.329||7||22|
The two focus subjects identified and the individual indicators where data was accessed for analysis, are as follows:
- State Information Commissions: Website, Annual Reports, Status of Applications (received, pending, disposed)
- No. of Services provided under e-Governance plan
- Lokayukta: Constituted / Bill passed, Individual Websites and Chairpersons’ appointment
- No. of ACB cases disposed of as a % of total cases registered
- Social Audit under NREGA: % of GPs covered
- Formation of Social Audit Units (SAU), Appointment of a Director and Rules notified
- Panchayat Devolution Index Score
- State-wise number of NGOs (Role of civil society organizations)
- Criminal Records of MLAs
So do share your views about the latest Public Affairs Index on Transparency and Public Accountability. Had your State made it to top 10 of the list? Do share the article on your timeline.
Source: PAI Report