Public Affairs Index (PAI) rank Indian cities on basis of the data-driven to rank the 30 States of India from the lens of governance. In this post, we’re going to rank Top 10 Indian States on the basis of Environment.
Karnataka topped the Public Affairs Index when it comes to providing healthy Environment. Followed by Tamil Nadu and Arunachal Pradesh.
Meanwhile, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh stay on the end of the list with no good developments.
It covers various indexes as a lens to ascertain the quality factors affecting the lives of individuals in a state. The data which PAC use is from Union Government Ministeries and Departments to rank the states on an independent scale.
The latest release Public Affairs Index is the transparent and equal platform of all type of comprehensive data. Do check out the latest one.
|STATE||PAI INDEX||CATEGORY RANKING||OVERALL RANKING|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||0.446||11||28|
The fourteen new indicators under seven focus subjects for this theme to understand how a state prioritizes the importance of the environment as an important facet.
Pollution and Environmental Violations:
- Suspended Particulate Matter
- SO2 Emissions
- NO2 Emissions
- Deaths due to respiratory diseases
- No. of Environmental Violations in the State
- Increase/Decrease in Forest Cover
- Total Forest Cover as percentage of State
- Afforestation Efforts – programs and allocation
- Renewable Energy as a percentage of total energy generated
- Per capita waste generation
- Percentage of Solid waste processed
- Number of operational Sewerage Treatment Plants (STPs) out of the total STPs
- Average annual intensity of fertilizer use over the total land area over the last 4 years.
- Use of Biofertlizers
- Wasteland as a % of total cultivated land
- Area under organic farming
Water Resource Management:
- Groundwater extraction (%)
- Watershed management
Institutional Framework for Environmental Conservation:
- Preparation of SAPCCs (State Action Plan for Climate Change)
- ECBC norms implemented (Energy Conservation Building Code)
So do share your views about the latest Public Affairs Index on Environment. Had your State made it to top 10 of the list? Do share the article on your timeline.
Source: PAI Report